Effective as of January 11, 2022
If you have a financial product or service with us, we will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice, which offers you certain choices with respect to the use and sharing of your personal information.
PRIVACY IS OUR PRIORITY
We are committed to protecting our customers’ personal and financial information. In the course of providing financial products and services, we need to collect and maintain certain nonpublic personal information. This Privacy Statement answers some questions about what nonpublic personal information we collect, what we do with it, and how we protect it.
COLLECTING AND USING INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect Personally Identifiable Information about you in various ways when you do business with us. “Personally Identifiable Information” is individually identifiable information about an individual consumer that we collect and maintain in an accessible form. In the past 12 months, we have collected consumer information regarding contact information, financial and banking information, and other Personally Identifiable Information. Examples of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and how we use them include:
• Your Account with us: We collect from you information related to the solar system, financing, account number, credit information, name, address, phone number, and social security number. This information is used by us to accurately service your account.
• Solar and energy storage systems: We collect information regarding the manufacturer, model, and number of units, as well as the annual production, utility account number, meter reading, production registration tracking, and other information regarding these systems and their performance. This is vital for us to maintain accurate information about the solar and energy storage equipment.
• Payment Information: We collect information such as your account balance information, payment history, overdraft history, delinquency status, banking information, and credit or debit card purchase information. This information is used to accurately service your account.
• Automatic Payments: When you authorize us to make automatic payments, we store banking information necessary to effectuate those transactions. This information could include your name, address, and account number.
We may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, commercially available sources, social networks, and other third parties.
How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to:
• Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
• Communicate with you about our Site or to inform you of any changes to our Site;
• Provide support;
• Maintain and improve our Site;
• Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
• Efficiently maintain our business; and
• Comply with applicable law.
How We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
In order for us to serve your home energy needs, we rely on third-party vendors and service providers to provide support and assistance for our services and products. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such third parties as is necessary to help us conduct our business and provide you with the best possible services. We may contract with various third-party service providers in furtherance of this goal such as payment processors, website hosting partners, solar and energy storage installers, and others.
For example, we may share your information:
• With our accounting/banking partners to fully provide our services. The information we may share includes your name, address, phone number, email address, banking information, delinquency status, solar equipment information, and energy production data;
• With our servicing partners in order to fulfil responsibilities related to installing and maintaining the equipment. The information we may share includes your name, address, phone number, email address, solar and energy storage equipment type, and building plans;
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
• To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Information;
• To any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale; and
• To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
INFORMATION REGARDING COOKIES
“Cookies” are small amounts of data that a Web site can send to your web browser and store on your computer. Cookies do not contain personal information about you (unless you knowingly provide it). Cookies can note that your browser was used to visit certain sites, pages, or advertisements on a certain date.
You can also erase cookies that are already on your computer. For more information on working with cookies, consult the user manual, FAQ, or “Help” function of your specific browser.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see http://donottrack.us/.
REVIEWING OR REQUESTING CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish to review or request a change to your personal information, you may do so by contacting us directly through the email or phone numbers provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personally Identifiable Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
PRIVACY REGARDING CHILDREN (CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information does not include information that is publicly available, deidentified or aggregate information. For purposes of this “NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS” section we will refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
The CCPA’s privacy rights described below do not apply to Personal Information that is collected, processed, sold, or disclosed pursuant to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and its implementing regulations or the California Financial Information Privacy Act. Because we are subject to those laws and regulations, much of the Personal Information that we collect is exempt from the CCPA. Your choices and rights with respect to our use and sharing of that information are subject to our U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice.
The CCPA’s privacy-related rights also do not apply to certain types of Personal Information that is subject to the Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Some of our services are subject to the FCRA and, therefore, exempt from the CCPA on that basis.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected about you. This right includes the right to request any or all of the following:
(1) Specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
(2) Categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
(3) Categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
(4) Categories of Personal Information that we sold (if applicable) or disclosed for a business purpose about you;
(5) Categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold (if applicable) or disclosed for a business purpose; and
(6) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or, if applicable, selling Personal Information.
The CCPA defines “sell” to mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a California resident’s Personal Information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Collection of Personal Information
• Identifiers (name, postal address, email address, account name, Social Security number, and driver’s license number)
• Unique personal identifiers (customer number, telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can be used to identify a particular consumer or device)
• Telephone number
• Bank account number
• Credit and debit card number
• Other financial information
• Commercial information (records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered; and other commercial information)
• Professional or employment-related information
• Voice recordings
• Military or veteran status
• Electronic or visual information
We collected the above categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
• Protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
• Performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider
• Advancing our commercial or economic interests by enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
Disclosure of Sale of Personal Information
• Business partners
• Internet service providers
• Government entities
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information about you that we have collected or maintain. However, a business is not required to comply with a request to delete if it is necessary for the business to maintain the Personal Information in order to, for example, complete a transaction, detect security incidents, comply with a legal obligation, or otherwise use the Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
How to Submit a Request to Know or Delete
You may submit a request to know or delete by calling us at 1-866-287-3064. You also may submit a request to know or delete by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you submit a request to delete online, you may be asked to confirm separately that you want your Personal Information deleted.
As discussed, many of the categories of Personal Information we collect are exempt from the CCPA. Your choices and rights with respect to our use and sharing of that information are subject to our U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice.
Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know or Delete
If we determine that your request is subject to an exemption or exception, we will notify you of our determination. If we determine that your request is not subject to an exemption or exception, we will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request.
We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure or deletion as applicable.
For requests to access categories of Personal Information and for requests to delete Personal Information that is not sensitive and does not pose a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion, we will verify your identity to a “reasonable degree of certainty” by verifying at least two data points that you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities.
For requests to access specific pieces of Personal Information or for requests to delete Personal Information that is sensitive and poses a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion, we will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of Personal Information previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, you will be required to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose Personal Information is being requested.
Notice of Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to direct businesses to stop selling your Personal Information. We do not sell Personal Information as it is defined in the CCPA.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a California Resident’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against California residents if they exercise any of the rights provided in the CCPA as described in this section “Notice to California Residents.” As such, we will not deny goods or services to that California resident; charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; provide a different level or quality of goods or services to the California resident; or suggest that the California resident will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. However, we are permitted to charge a California resident a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by the individual’s data.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Shine the Light Law
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Site or Services to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
HOW TO CONTACT US
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-287-3064.